What sets us apart
United Yoga Teacher training was founded to bridge the gap between the art and science of the yoga experience. We created a training rooted in the essence of healthy mindful movement. Our unique teaching style integrates finding and strengthening your voice by drawing from your intuition, owning your authentic life story, as well as continued self discovery. We have connected this philosophy with an emphasis on anatomy and the strategies to develop intelligent movement patterns in sustaining a lifelong practice. This training is designed to educate, encourage and empower the heart, mind and body.
What you will experience
Each individual will complete this program with an enriched understanding and appreciation for this ancient practice, its history and philosophy, a deeper awareness and appreciation to the complexity of human movement and have advanced knowledge to correct alignment and minimize the risk of overuse injury.
UY teacher training is kept to an intimate group, which grants each person the opportunity to one on one and personalized training and guidance. We guarantee a safe space with your committed three lead teachers allowing you to build connection and fostering a trusting environment along with fellow trainees to build lasting relationships.
Together, we have a wealth of knowledge, education and experience in yoga and multiple areas of wellness and are dedicated to lifelong learning, personal growth and pursuit of excellence. Each of us is passionate and committed to leaving a legacy and believe that it begins with you and the transformation you will experience through our training. Meet your lead trainers, here!
Our specially designed curriculum exceeds the minimum requirements ensuring each trainee has extensive exposure and understanding of each topic with a variety of modules.
The learning topics include, but are not limited to:
Anatomy & Physiology
- Intro to Anatomy
- Intro to Physiology
- Anatomy in Action
- Asanas & Chakras
- Fundamental & Functional Movement
Yoga Philosophy Life Style Ethics
- History of Yoga
- Limbs & Yoga Sutras
- Intro to Sanskrit
- Community & Contribution
- Owning Your Story
- Finding Your Voice on the mat
Teaching, Techniques, & Practice
- Mantras & Themes
- Styles of Yoga
- Special Populations
- Methods of Sequencing
- Corrective Yoga
- Business of Yoga
- Principles of Observations
- Intro to Ayurveda
- Dosha Evaluation
- Cooking with Ayurvedic Herbs
- Yoga Tune Up
- Balncing Shiva & Shakti Energy
In both mock and real classroom settings: Practice teaching as the lead instructor, receive and give feedback to fellow trainees, observe others teaching and assist students in their practice.
Why you should do our teacher training
United Yoga Teacher Training is for someone whose goal is to not only to become a certified yoga teacher, but also for those that want to deepen their practice through learning the layers of yoga on and off the mat.
- Certification by Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT-200) with Yoga Alliance, the only nationally recognized board of yoga training standards.
- Advance your education in anatomy and physiology by a licensed doctor of physical therapy
- Study evidence based on scientific research in academic journals
- Collaborate with teachers that have diverse backgrounds of expertise
- Gain comprehensive knowledge from subject matter made accessible
- Understand the methods of sequencing and explore creative sequencing for teaching a class or your at-home practice
- Develop self-awareness & whole hearted wellness through yoga lifestyle and philosophy
- Lead a contribution project in giving back to your community
- Enjoy healthy snacks and beverages to ensure vitality and focus throughout the sessions
- Earn your certification within 10 weeks with a Saturday/Sunday format accomdating most workng individuals
- Invest in a training given at an affordable rate with an early bird discount and installment options
- Elevate your practice with unlimited classes at United Yoga studio through your training ($400 value)
What you need to know
- Regular Price: $2,200 4/7
- Early Bird: $2,000 by 2/10
- Installment Plan Upon Request (Two month: $2400 or 4 month $2600)
Tuition does not include books.
Yoga Mind, Body, & Spirit by Donna Farhi
The Key Poses of Yoga by Ray Long
The Key Muscles of Yoga by Ray Long
Yamas & Niyamas: Exploring Yoga's Ethical Practice by Deborah Adele
Weekend 1: 4/7-4/8
Weekend 2: 4/14-4/15
Weekend 3: 4/21-4/22
Weekend 4: 4/28-4/29
Weekend 5: 5/5- 5/6
Weekend 6: 5/12 Off for Mother's Day 5/13
Weekend 7: 5/19- 5/20
BREAK For Memorial Day 5/26- 5/27
Weekend 8: 6/2-6/3
Weekend 9: 6/9-6-10
Saturdays 12-9pm (5pm break)
Sundays 9am-6pm (1pm break)
Trainee must attend 100% off sessions in order to comply with the Yoga Alliance requirements. However, we understand you have other commitments, so you may miss sections, day sessions, or even full weekends. Here are your make-up options:
- Option 1: Subsequent teacher training: You can attend any hours missed in upcoming training free of charge. (End of Summer to Early Fall 2018 training ahead)
- Option 2: Private session: $100/hour with lead trainer (Two hour private session equates to a full day)
- Option 3: UY Workshops/Events: Topics subject to change. Makeup by the hour.